Used car tires and some pioneer spirit

(Gerd Weiland) #123

Dear Wilfried, if you wish to view an entertaining if somewhat inconclusive portrayal of the Kon-Creaky, my brother Klaus Weiland combined a video documentation of us sailing up a stretch of the ICW on our way north, with a musical called i believe “Klaus Weiland the eco-raft adventure” which you can see on U-Tube.

(Kim Cowdroy) #124

For the record, I think the tire pattern shown in an earlier photo of Gerd’s, could be started something like the following three steps.

And a couple of views of a more complete wall.

Now, if I only had a bicycle in the house …

(.) #125

https://www.cdtfa.ca.gov/taxes-and-fees/ca-tire-fee-faq.htm

What is the tire fee?

The California Tire Fee is a fee imposed upon the purchase of a new tire. The California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) administers the program on behalf of the Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) and the California Air Resources Board (ARB). For additional information, please visit Cal Recycle’s web page.

What is the current tire fee rate?

The tire fee is set in statute (Public Resources Code section 42885). The current rate can be viewed on CDTFA’s website. It is important for you to keep your account current with CDTFA as you will be notified if the rate changes.

https://www.cdtfa.ca.gov/taxes-and-fees/tax-rates-stfd.htm#tirefee

California Tire Fee

Effective Date

Rate Per New Tire

January 1, 2005 – Present $1.75
January 1, 2001 $1.00
January 1, 1997

Just in case you wanted to know. It is collected: the money.

(California = State of California, USA)

(.) #126

http://www.calrecycle.ca.gov/tires/Info/

Some written stuff copied from a web site:

Each of us can do something to help avert potential problems caused by more than 40 million worn or damaged tires replaced each year in California, not to mention the millions already stockpiled at waste tire facilities or illegally dumped in alleys and by roadsides throughout the state.

40 million tires per year with a “tire fee” of $1.75 per tire = $ 70 million per year.

(Gerd Weiland) #127

Well blow me down, i am so very glad that you spark and a few others seem to be opening up to the incredible potential behind combining this Ring Weave revolutionary Up-cycle System for scrap tires, which provide at the very least a free raw product for Seastead pioneers to work with. Let alone the revolutionary technological break-through that this proven Ring-Web Technology represents in providing a cheap and sustainable floating foundation upon which to build safe and sustainable floating Seastead structures.
An affordable method of building secure offshore islands which can be progressively expanded into virtually unlimited dimensions by the offshore Seastead pioneers themselves with just muscle power and simple tools. Light weight totally flexible structures which progressivly dampen wave action proportionately to size.
The Seastead movement could become synonymous with this environmentally responsible waste management Ring-Web System and provide a hugely valuable cooperation with the land based society we all wish to become independent of and a future offshore Seastead community, which we all aspire too. This important development would be mutually beneficial to all participants involved, let alone our common environment. Ring Weave on my friend.

(.) #128

Hello Mr. Weiland;

I think, the ring weave concept is an important one with and without used car tires.
Thank you for calling attention to the used car tires idea and to the ring weave
technology.
The used car tires technology is a bit dependent on shore technology.
I think, seasteading and landlubber lifestyle can coexist peacefully.

I think, this ring weaving is going to be one of my hobbies.

Thank you again, and more later;

Best regards;

spark

(.) #130

I understand that your belief is “oosing oil”.
Can you support your idea with some references please?

(.) #132

Now here we are going into the same subject as frusha.
The articles say “tire debris leachate”, not oil. How is “oozing” defined?
Used tires are on cars too, and they heat up, and they go in rainwater.
Particles wear away from tires. Where do those go? How come those particles
are no concern of oozing oil?

And the causative agent of tetanus is the Clostidium tetani bacterium and not ion oxide (rust)

Saltwater does not leach as much as fresh water.

You can write but you cannot weave the rings.
I will show pictures of tire rings that I weave myself, and you can write whatever you want,
because I see no oil oozing.

(.) #133

Can you change a bicycle tire?

(.) #134

And by the way, I am not in the State of Florida, and I am not planning to go there.

USCG prefers what ever they prefer. And some marinas can do whatever they want.

Show some picture of what you can do. (if decent)

(Gerd Weiland) #135

Dear Spark, The Ring-Web Up-cycle Technology is not “dependent on shore technology” insomuch as the vast amounts of scrap tires already available world wide (over 750million a year) represents far more"raw product" than is needed to build any amount of floating Seasteads. A carpet knife will function as well offshore as on land. I have developed a simple modular construction methodology by which any Seastead floating island structure can be extended on or offshore, into any dimension over and underwater by hand. The required compacted plastic displacement within these floating Ring-Web structures can be profitably encorperated into a viable offshore retrieval system for the huge amounts of floatsam already available.
A service for which the future Seastead pioneer can generate additional financial support from the international community. The peaceful coexistence of a Seasteading or homesteading lifestyle is based on a mutually beneficial cooperation, sic; landlubbers need to get rid of old tires and currently pay a lot of money to do so and Seasteaders need those old tires to extend their offshore floating habitat and offer to Up-cycle the landlubber problem for a fraction of the cost. I hope one day you may be inspired to extend your hobby Ring-Web interest into a hands on Ring woven future Seastead reality.
best regards and Ring-Weave on

(.) #136

Anyways,
I have a folding bike. It is easy to keep it on a boat.
I got a flat tire, and I have not used it for long time.
I thought, with the ring weave technology, I might get a new
inter tube for the bike, and use the old one for modeling.
A story in pictures:
IMG_20180117_005046[1]IMG_20180117_005114[1]IMG_20180117_005227[1]IMG_20180117_005224[1]IMG_20180117_005252[1]IMG_20180117_005257[1]IMG_20180117_005127[1]IMG_20180117_005311[1]

(.) #137

The new inter tube at Walmart costed $3.75 .
To change the inter tube on the bike I needed two screwdrivers and a pump.

Ring weave modeling requires the old inter tube and a pair of scissors.

(noboxes) #138

I admit i do not like you attacking me and everything i might be able to do, instead of discussing the topic of tires adding to a water pollution problem.

(.) #139

I do not know your mental stage. The only thing connects us is reality,
and you said that for you this is fantasy. Like it or not: reality exists.
Show pictures of what you can do. Show decent pictures.

Was it good for you? Can I have a cigarette?

(noboxes) #140

I said THIS SITE is fantasy. And you had agreed. You know, like you making the floor of your seastead from rubber, so the floor moves up and down with each wave and throws things off the dinner table?, so the walls sway back and forth? Fantasy. Like 600mph trains in steel tubes connecting seasteads. Fantasy. This site is not about reality. Only people who drop in and think it’s a serious place post anything concerning reality, and they leave pretty quickly, in disgust.

No freaking way. They are reality, and as such do not belong on this website.

Please have some cigarettes.

I did no such thing. I admitted to stroke-related dementia, which is not Alzheimer’s.
NETHER of which is part of this discussion, nor ammunition for your personal vendettas.

YOU should do the research, find out wth “Leachate” means, but, I’ll save you the trouble:

A leachate is any liquid that, in the course of passing through matter, extracts soluble or suspended solids, or any other component of the material through which it has passed.

My health is my concern, not yours, that of this, or any forum, unless it affects that forum directly, such as my own: Gulfsteading

Were it not for a personal attack against me, making a false accusation, you wouldn’t even remember it.

(.) #142

Used car tires please.

(.) #143

DSCF0078a

DSCF0077a

Another way of connecting…

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/518h3M7yFNL.jpg

Trapezoidal link…