Tuna collapse demands for pasture management not hunter regulation

(Wilfried Ellmer) #21

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force. – Ayn Rand

• Hypothesis: Floating Structures - out of jurisdiction by default - are the key to change that situation.

Context: | Emergent Law | Breakaway Civilization | Ocean Sphere | Drivers of Ocean Colonization |

• Hypothesis: The real Galt’s Gulch is on (and in) the ocean until the outer space frontier is on the table - which means for a while…

(.) #22

And yes, governmental entities and other entities seem to be fraudulent about CO2 and
climate change.
I would take the approach of a publicity “campaign” to show with data that the ocean
pastures are altered by human activity, and can be restored to original condition, to the way
those were before that human activity.

(Larry G) #23

I don’t disagree. The western common law tradition of “that which is not forbidden is allowed” is being steadily eroded. My point is not about permission, it’s about coordination.

I think we can take heart to some small extent- Mr. George was not arrested and executed for his experiment. If enough people “get away with” similar experiments to set a trend, it’s very hard to strictly punish them. Civil disobedience always has risks to the individual.

(Wilfried Ellmer) #24

Hypothesis: If you can run it through the right network politics means little…

Proven fact: @Elmo’s posts include commercial links that ALWAYS ultimately lead to his phony investment schemes.

(Larry G) #26

There’s this widely accepted idea the geo-engineering is too risky. Russ George’s ideas seem worthwhile to put into play for testing, to me. He got raked over the coals and threatened with serious criminal charges for fertilizing plankton.

But these folks want to create large-scale atmosphere modification plants, and it’s perfectly fine?

(.) #27

In my opinion: carbon emission is a big game of money.
When someone is in the good old boys circle, can do whatever.
And they will do anything to keep the money within the circle.
And people who write the correct news article get paid for it.
Others just do not get published.

After all, what could anyone call the killing of the buffalo herds?
Geoengeneering or echo terrorism? Strong words.
How about building dams on rivers? Is that geoengeneering?

Anyways; I like Russ George’s ideas too.

(Larry G) #28

Indeed- me too. CO2 levels have been much higher in the geological history of the world, and life did not disappear. From my own reading of scientific articles, I KNOW that there is much less consensus than the popular media portray on what causes climate change (many causes) and how much is occurring, and especially, what to do about it. the biggest thing that comes to mind is whether CO2 levels are a forcing mechanism or a result. From my own reading, I am of the opinion that higher atmospheric CO2 is a result of higher temps, not the primary cause of them. On the evidence, albedo and solar cycles seem to be a much greater influence on temperature, weather, and climate (deliberately separating weather and climate). The Sahara and Sahel are prime examples of changed albedo due to anthropogenic influence.

(.) #29

Well; the whole CO2 thing is a public relations subject.
There are terms: ‘climate change denier’, ‘carbon footprint’; …etc.

Someone is either within the elitists or not. This might be a social phenomenon.
After all, don’t you know; God reserved flying for the birds.

No use of reasoning. This is a religion. They have lots of money.
They fund the research that supports their idea. And they make more money.

When the fraud gets exposed (such as forged data) they just act like
nothing happened.

It is a religion. Better just to side step them.

(Danielle Tetrault Gooch) #30

This thread reminded me of a Ted talk I watched in one of my culinary classes.

“Chef Dan Barber squares off with a dilemma facing many chefs today: how to keep fish on the menu. With impeccable research and deadpan humor, he chronicles his pursuit of a sustainable fish he could love, and the foodie’s honeymoon he’s enjoyed since discovering an outrageously delicious fish raised using a revolutionary farming method in Spain.”