TSI has no working project

(Chad Elwartowski) #21

Those are two main staples of the American diet.

I know there are many other foods. I know most can be grown in hyrdoponics.

The key being trading liveable space where someone is willing to pay $X/meter vs growing some food that can bring in a lot less than $X/meter. But is required for those people to survive. Versus just importing it at higher costs.

(noboxes) #22

Someone is willing to pay to live on the wide-open roof, exposed to sun, wind, rain? And why write poetry about importing the food?

Ah, you changed the “verses” to “versus”. It’s wierd that you get your education in the english language on this forum.

(.) #23

I do well on vegetarian diet. I did it once for 7 years.

(Chad Elwartowski) #24

While there can be no way of knowing what the value of the currency will be between the time you purchase it and go to spend it, there will be significant reserves held in Ethererum, Bitcoin, USD and EUR (I believe mostly split evenly between the four). The two most stable cryptocurrencies that tend to rise over the long term and the two most stable fiat currencies.

Pegging it to the franc would have little impact on the franc. It’s value is pegged to the Euro. One little $15 million project will not change the euro.

Pegging a cryptocurrency to a fiat currency also usually involves a lot of centralized control over the price, which defeats the point of having a decentralized currency. Initially Blue Frontiers can use its large reserve of Seacoins to try to stabilize the market it will likely be like with bitcoin where you hold your currency in Seacoins but value products in a more stable fiat currency. Just like I pay my web hosting service each month $70 even though I pay in bitcoins.

(noboxes) #25

You pay 10 times what i pay.

(Chad Elwartowski) #26

My hosting requirements and needs are very specific and require some dedicated hardware.

(.) #27

I wonder if cows get seasick or not.
Is there sea beef?

(Chad Elwartowski) #28

Not true in the least.

There is an election in May but it is highly likely that the current 2/3 majority party will stay in power following the election. Same government that supports the project (not that the minority party…the pro independence party…doesn’t support it).

(noboxes) #29

Ok, the news disagrees with you. Here’s two more urls:

(Chad Elwartowski) #30

If I had to count the number of times the news disagreed with me I would still be counting. I would have sold all of my bitcoins in 2011 when it was officially declared dead the first time (https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoinobituaries/).

Perhaps I should start a Floating Island Project obituary page to begin collecting all of these “the project is dead!” (Peter Thiel’s project is dead!) articles.

Hmm, two articles referring to a Facebook post by the mayor of a small town declaring that he never signed a contract.

Doesn’t seem fishy to you at all? Like perhaps he is running for mayor in May and his rival was trying to create an issue saying that he signed away their city to some billionaires in silicon valley? So he goes online and says he never signed a contract. That was one mayor at one of 10 sites the project is looking at possibly locating.

No, the project is most certainly not dead. The funding begins the day of elections when the same party will continue to hold power. We are evaluating sites, preparing logistics, to hit the ground running for after the token sale and when the SEZ legislation is passed.

(noboxes) #31

So there is no agreement to have a site to do the project. You are evaluating sites the government must agree to before you can do anything. The MOU was to have your studies done in 2017, and this is the end of March 2018 now, you are still evaluating, and they are stalling. And you are promising to raise the money to perform the magic.

Yanno, i would have shown up with one large houseboat, found a sheltered place to anchor it, hired some local talent, been a good little tourist, and then asked if your friends could do the same and anchor in an offshore atoll to run internet businesses or something. It would have been something real from the start.

(Chad Elwartowski) #32

There are about 10 sites the FP government (presidential level, not some mayor) indicated as being best for the project. Each has its pros and cons and we hope to demonstrate the power of the Seacoin as a voting mechanism to allow token holders to have a say in picking the site.

The economic and environmental impact studies were turned into the government of FP in 2017 fulfilling our end of the agreement.

There is most certainly an agreement to do the project in French Polynesia.

(Chad Elwartowski) #33

There is already a marina with house boats. You can move there if you like. Call your boat a seastead.

(noboxes) #34

And all those houseboats could go out to an atoll, anchor as long as they like, call themselves a seastead, and not need TSI or Blue Frontiers or seacoins, but they don’t. Why don’t they?

(Chad Elwartowski) #35

In French Polynesia you would need a long stay visa. You can get one for a year but you have to go back to your home country to wait for it.

You can stay for 3 months every 6 months as a US citizen on a simple vacation visa that you get automatically when you come to the country.

But the final goal is living 200 nm in middle of the ocean (Phase 3). The final goal is not living in a lagoon on a boat. That requires developing sustainable infrastructure and technology to be able to do so.

(noboxes) #36

So there’s rule about me visiting there, and that pertains to those people living on houseboats in some way? Who made up that stupid connection?

(Chad Elwartowski) #37

There are plenty of boating communities if you are looking for one. Some communities of people living on floating structures right off shore if that is also something you are looking for.

None of them are working on a phased approach toward moving 200nm into the ocean for autonomous governance though.

(noboxes) #38

I am not looking for communities of people living in their boats (unless they want to buy something from me).

But i wonder, if they are living in communities offshore there, they must be seeing some advantage to that vs being 200 miles out at sea all the time. What overwhelming advantage would that be? French Polynesia is a scattering of islands and shoals 1200 miles long, and most of the islands are not inhabited, surely there’s good anchorage and marginally develop-able land for a community of savvy boaters. Why are they living where they are?

Even with those odd rules you mentioned of me having a visa there influencing what houseboats can do.

(Chad Elwartowski) #39

Oh…sorry. Perhaps I was assuming…

From wikipedia:
Seasteading is the concept of creating permanent dwellings at sea, called seasteads, outside the territory claimed by any government. The term is a combination of the words sea and homesteading. No one has yet created a structure on the high seas that has been recognized as a sovereign state.

(noboxes) #40

Yea, once again you have completely avoided what i said. I asked why those communities of people living in boats are there near shore, not 200 miles out at sea, so you give me the definition of seasteading? Shit, you should be in public relations!