To understand what is going on in our world - follow the money

(Wilfried Ellmer) #1

On several threads the theory was presented that power is in navies and arms - i beg to differ…

If you really want to know what is going on in our world and what is happening don’t follow the news they are just entertainment and smoke screen - follow the money flow … this is where real power is located.

Seasteading should focus on the Big Five Business Fields of Ocean Colonization

The economic size and standing matters
The economic realities and practicability shape the concept of freedom of the oceans - not legal hairsplitting - not gunboat politics | oceanic business alliance
Breakaway Civilization | Seasteading | Ocean Colonization | Advanced Oceanic Cities | Atlantis | Enlightenment | Oceanic Business Alliance | next big thing in business
Trump? Will his presidency hinder the movement or will it give us the chance to breakout
Oceanic business alliance | key player network | ocean colonization | big five | get connected | get invested
San Jose found - 1000 more sunken galleons out there | oceanic business alliance
Is 45% the earth's surface a state-free society of emergent law?
All National Law Pretending to Regulate the Ocean is Dead Law by Default | oceanic business alliance
Kerry to confront China on Spratly Islands
Corporate settlements in the United States - The criminalisation of American business - ocean colonization as solution | oceanic business alliance
The economic realities and practicability shape the concept of freedom of the oceans - not legal hairsplitting - not gunboat politics | oceanic business alliance
The ugly4 definition - oceanic freedom - with footnote
Violence in international politics is still a strong kung fu - doubth that - oceanic business alliance
Violence in international politics is still a strong kung fu - doubth that - oceanic business alliance
(Wilfried Ellmer) #2

consider:

The whole money power brokering works so long as there is money and power to broker, namely the way things currently are. Climate change and it’s effects on food production ect… are likely to change that a bit, something I feel we should be prepared for.

(.) #4

When the Last Tree Is Cut Down, the Last Fish Eaten, and the Last Stream Poisoned, We Will Realize That We Cannot Eat Money

I

(.) #5

It seems to me, that the value system of a seastead has to be based on something else
than US dollars.

(Wilfried Ellmer) #6

@spark, money is not about greed, money is about “giving things their correct weight”. In fact our society gives weight on the ambient by sueing people who damage it. In a world with 7 billion diverging opinions people express their will, their aspirations, their vision of the future, with investment. What makes investment the key driver what vision comes to life and what is only “talk about”. So for all practical purpose if you want your vision to be implemented you better get “investors” to it. Money is as good or as bad as the people who own it.

(.) #7

US dollars has no intrinsic value. Value has to be developed on a seastead,
and it can be expressed in USD if necessary. It is not necessary nor it is possible
to put dollar number on every valuable thing. In my opinion.

(Wilfried Ellmer) #8

you certainly have a point when talking about fiat currency, but what is important in this context is that everything in life can have a weight and a number. To flesh this out…
I love my wife and this implicates that she can take all my money and take it to shopping if this makes her happy. She on the other hand is a intelligent and caring women who knows that money gives us safety and she will not spend it unneccesaryl - those forces of value finally condensate into a sum that she spends on a weekend that is in harmony with these forces and needs. Money is a indicator of the value that people asign. A investor will tell you i give you 100.000 not a million. This expresses the “level of trust in your project”. Investors will invest in gold or in government papers - what expresses their trust in the future of those things. Money is about “putting consolidated numbers on all kind of things” what is a base condition for interchange.

what we need to do to make seasteading investment worthy

Therefore if you REALLY want to understand what is going on in our world and what people really think, in what they really trust, what they really care about, check for the money streams not for the news…

If you check the money invested in global marine trade compared to the money invested in navies you just see the overall picture who is holding the rudder and where our society is heading to …beyond media smoke screens.

(.) #9

I think, we are talking about the same thing.
One of my friend is a captain on a ship that brings cars from Japan to
US (Long Beach, Ca). Sometimes he talks about the oiltanker boats he saw
50 miles from the California shores. The tankers are ankored and are waiting
for unloading. Meanwhile they are like storage area for the oil.
Average people from land cannot see those ships bejond the horizon.
I think, it is true that lots of valuable things are storaged out there on the seas.

(.) #10

And there are still lifes, and ways of lifes where money does not enter.
Value can exist without money. Money is for the exchange.
If I do not want to exchange, than dollar amounts are not such a priority.

(Wilfried Ellmer) #11

… beyond the horizon…

Probably most people in the cities are not aware of the oceanic container fleet running 90% of the goods that supply the supermarket shelfs…because they are beyond the horizon of Kardashian TV consumers all the time.

This statistics is in “MILLION OF TONS” - and this is necessary on a planet with the kind of economy that is necessary to supply a 7 billion inhabitants hosting a global civilization growing out of its childhood pants.

Breakaway Civilization | Seasteading | Ocean Colonization | Advanced Oceanic Cities | Atlantis | Enlightenment | Oceanic Business Alliance | next big thing in business
(system) closed #12

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.