Real Estate Paradigm Shift | oceanic business alliance | oceanic real estate | floating real estate |

Non-Frusha threads belong one of 2 places… Will Ellmers SPAM sites, or PMs. Don’t like it? Take it up with TSI…

Well, let’s see. My IMTA can be done at multiple levels and scales, so, I guess, along with a building site for the enlarged “Little SSLV”, having a signed contract on 30.3 acres to do both, homestead and supply source for offshore living probably counts for more than @ellmer spouting crap.

Rarely is there a comment thread that doesn’t include links to commercials posting crap from Elmo’s Ass. that tries to sucker people into Elmo’s phony “investment” schemes.

Why don’t any of your “4000 interested visitors” ever show up here - the premiere seasteading site for the global movement - to defend THEIR investment in your projects, @Elmo?

Your unsubstantiated claims seem to be just more crap from Elmo’s Ass. trying to sucker innocent investors into clicking on your spam posts.

Verifiable evidence, please.

(Wilfried Ellmer) #44

Hypothesis : On an interconnected planet of 7,5 billion potential contacts you need to filter to whom pay attention…there are millions of people sitting in the “luni pit” having an internet connection and posting on forums all day long…are we willing to argue with them or do we filter…(examples see below) They really can kill a thread by boring the auditorium to death… | Back on topic Real Estate Paradigm Shift |

Modern Cruiseships are light honeycomb shell structures where the housing units face inward. This is exactly the architecture of the ocean sphere (ref.532)

| ocean sphere | ocean habitat | ocean colonization |

. . . .

Oceanic Shell | Floating Marina | floating shell construction | oceanic business alliance |

Shell structure | rescue pod |

Floating concrete shell home | oceanic business alliance |

. . . .

Frusha / Dohse / May i invite you to open your own threads to post your umpa lumpa comments there…

This is a Frusha/Dohse free thread… do not post here …this thread is for intelligent and on topic posting only.

(do not reply nobody is interested in your comments…just go away and do not interfere… and molest.)

you have already been attended…

| going Galt on Forum Umpa Lumpas | give me a Frusha - Dohse free space please | meta topics in the cafe please | lost view of normal | alleged butt in rights on threads i open | bore the auditorium to an inevitable forum death | the telenovela is just in your head | scientific disscussion approach only | special participant basket asignment | Joe Quirk on ignoring | forum dynamics | what part do you NOT understand | the need for filter on a 7.5 billion planet |

my filters for internet forum discussion.

• The commenting needs to be smart
• It needs to bring up a debateworthy topic
• The debate partner must be up to the task to have a scientific quality debate
• The debate partner needs to agree on scientific quality debate only to avoid timewaste.

The thread starter

Welcome to do that in your forums. Won’t fly on TSI

So, when EXACTLY will you begin posting anything intelligent, or on topic?

Your post:

… and you promptly ignore all of your base for establishing anything remotely connected to science, engineering, of the documentation of facts, and start crying for ‘the auditorium’… aka opinion, not documented facts.

Yeah …

“… over and over and over and over …”

(Wilfried Ellmer) #48

Fonseca Honduras | Pitcairn | Venice | Tahiti | how remote can seasteading be ? | what is the ideal dose of remoteness ? |

(Wilfried Ellmer) #49

Hypothesis:

Seasteading has two development branches powered by very different needs and proponents (seastead tastes).

• The poor who are displaced in need of space and can not afford conventional real estate | Tanka | Uros | as historical examples |

• The new global elite looking for a “interference free space” type New VENICE.

In the past this has been discussed as “High Road” and “Low Road” seasteading… and lead to a lot of controversy on the threads.

Mostly because the “low roaders” attracted by the term “homesteading” wanted to see their vision implemented as the “only rightful seasteading version” -

It would be better for all if we could step out of the “versus ideas” and start to percieve seasteading as a “meta idea of many colors and tastes” …

Theory: There can not be such a thing like a “unified project for all seasteaders”… the needs are too different…

Typical Low Roader Projects:

floating out on improvised rafts…

floating on vegetation rafts (sumerian version)

Typical High Roader Projects:

bubble cluster shells

New Venice | the global elite floating out… | New Atlantis |

context:

The big five business fields of ocean colonization: | oceanic transport | oceanic energy | oceanic real estate | deep sea mining | oceanic aquaculture |

The four fundamental quests of ocean colonization : | The quest for interference freedom | The quest for mobility | The quest for oceanic resources | The quest for space on the planet |

Meta Topics:

Axes of ocean colonization: | Main Axes | Plate Seastead | Floating Real Estate | Catamaran concept | Captain Nemo Concept | Floating Breakwater Concept | Submerged Living Space Bubble Concept |
Concepts: / Lens shell pictures overview / / Ramform floating home pictures / / c-shell floating home pictures / / Floating concrete building methods / / shell cluster pictures / / investor proposal list /

(.) #50

You can go and do whatever you want, just not with my money.

(.) #51

ellmerWilfried Ellmer35m2
Hypothesis:

Seasteading has two development branches powered by very different needs and proponents.

• The poor who are displaced in need of space and can not afford conventional real estate | Tanka | Uros | as historical examples |

• The new global elite looking for a “interference free space” type New VENICE.

In the past this has been discussed as “High Road” and “Low Road” seasteading… and lead to a lot of controversy on the threads.

Mostly because the “low roaders” attracted by the term “homesteading” wanted to see their vision implemented as the “only rightful seasteading version” -

It would be better for all if we could step out of the “versus ideas” and start to percieve seasteading as a “meta idea of many colors and tastes” …

Theory: There can not be such a thing like a “unified project for all seasteaders”… the needs are too different…

I wonder if this statement is going to be withdrawn by the author.

@Elmo spams the comment threads …

“… over and over and over and over …”

(Wilfried Ellmer) #53

Hypothesis: There is no second life for old ships and barges as “cheap oceanic real estate” | ref

If you find out what is a “realistic lifespan” for those things and how their “life cycle in oceanic business” goes you will find out why… (ref) - and put that idea to rest.

(Larry G) #54

Wrong. Most ships in the last 30 years are retired due to changes in business processes (container shipping), not exhaustion of their inherent value or structural integrity.

(Wilfried Ellmer) #55

if you think so - go for it - you have my blessing - but don`t count me in on your investor syndicate…:+1:

If you have google you might have found out in the meanwhile that i actually do ship repair and survey in the cartagena marine cluster … so if you where smart you would consider what i say seriously…instead of insisting…anyway - your call.

Why i am not going to argue with any “random internet connected person” on a 7,5 billion planet… everybody is endorsed to his opinion…

(Larry G) #56

Like many different industries, even experts can be wrong when they look at things with a committed viewpoint of paradigm, immersed in a given context. Cargo shipping businesses don’t find a cost-effective use for older ships. Conceded. I am fairly aware of the problems due to my years of seasteading research and participation on top of a graduate school case study/courses on international container shipping and logistics during my first attempt at grad school while working full time.

Consider: there’s a huge market in used autos (fleet vehicles) from rental car fleets and corporate fleets. These vehicles sell for a significant portion of their new price, better than the average used car price for similar models and years. Rental fleet managers don’t make these decisions in a vacuum, there is good and solid evidence that it is more cost-effective to replace them early than to maintain them in the fleet service.

That doesn’t mean they have no value, quite the contrary, the best value to the fleet manager comes from operating/renting NEW vehicles with customer attraction, low maintenance costs (still under warranty from the dealer/manufacturer for almost every conceivable mechanical issue), they probably don’t even have to change the tires on most of these vehicles before they sell them. But lots and lots of individual families are driving lease returns and former fleet vehicles that they purchased for a reasonable price with lots of life left in them.

The robust market in used ships, with thousands of commercial vessels for sale world-wide, puts the lie to the idea that these ships have zero effective value. Otherwise, they would simply automatically scrap them rather than listing for re-sale. The residual resale price is a fraction of the original cost, it’s true. The cost of maintenance goes up with age, it’s true. It eventually becomes more difficult to certify them with a shipping bureau, true. Most of these things are issues primarily related to using them for cargo and passenger transport across long distances. Changing the use from trans-oceanic routes to regional loitering/itinerant “tramp steaming”, de-coupling your travel plans from delivery schedules, de-coupling your business model from cargo management, changing your profit margin expectation to include permanent residence for crew and families makes a big difference in the value proposition.

It’s common for people to talk about ferro-cement yachts as having less value. It’s true people don’t pay as much for a used ferro yacht as they do for a used traditionally-built yacht in similar condition. That doesn’t mean that the people who own that ferro yacht receive less value from using it.

So once again, I’ll make an attempt at educating “the auditorium” on an economic point: cost is a numeric measure, price is a signalling mechanism, and value is entirely individual to circumstance.

Mobil Bio-fuels processing
(Wilfried Ellmer) #57

I see you are not willing to put that idea to rest … so go for it and let me know how it went… :+1:

I can be helpful to connect you with a lot of ship owners who would “love to give their old ships to an enthusiastic seasteader to get rid of the liability issue” - not only for a surprisingly low price - for FREE… because otherwise they would have to pay the scrapyard to recieve them…

When you do it, have a look at the “real goodies” that come with your floating paradise - like the cost of asbestos removal from the engine room, and the cost of slurry removal from the tanks, and drydock cost for plate removal and replacement in the bottom section…you already sound like a “fleet manager” to me… thanks for educating the auditorium…

I personally would accept your expertise on topics like vermicomposting, biogas |ref | homelessness | ref | and team up forum bulleying groups of low riders and underdogs to beat up TSI on its own forum | ref | ref | (you have shown skill in that) …

• but i prefer to listen to other voices when it comes to ship management… others may listen to you - who knows? - good luck on that.

[Ocean colonization is the biggest business opportunity of the century](https://discuss.seasteading.org/t/the-biggest-business-opportunity-of-this-century-ocean-colonization-oceanic-business-alliance-frontier-investment-solve-bottleneck-oceanic-business-alliance/1606)

Voices in your head don’t count as investors…

@Elmo is full of ignorant bullshit, as usual.

FREE ships that nobody can get rid of?

Yeah … total bullshit.

(Wilfried Ellmer) #60

@BobDohse | @JL_Frusha | @thebastidge |

Great team ! - i wish you all the best !

What is the name of your project ?

Do we have IMTA and vermicomposting on board ?

The big five business fields of ocean colonization: | oceanic transport | oceanic energy | oceanic real estate | deep sea mining | oceanic aquaculture |

The four fundamental quests of ocean colonization : | The quest for interference freedom | The quest for mobility | The quest for oceanic resources | The quest for space on the planet |

Meta Topics:

Axes of ocean colonization: | Main Axes | Plate Seastead | Floating Real Estate | Catamaran concept | Captain Nemo Concept | Floating Breakwater Concept | Submerged Living Space Bubble Concept |
Concepts: / Lens shell pictures overview / / Ramform floating home pictures / / c-shell floating home pictures / / Floating concrete building methods / / shell cluster pictures / / investor proposal list /