Work Hypothesis on this thread:
@ellmer | more
• Seasteading will have to develop its own codes its own engineering school etc... | 321 |
• It is a concept error to ask for endorsement of plans upfront.
• The only endorsement we will ask for is a
"extreme safety certificate" .
Saying something like: ...
• Althogh built in technology we do not have codes for we consider it extremly safe due to the unsinkable honeycomb light structure.
• Even if it would be broken in pieces by the ocean it will not sink but allow people to survive on the pieces that convert into comfortable life rafts still exceeding the specs for suvival pods.
• Due to its unsinkable nature it is by far safer than any certified ship exceeding all safety specs in marine engineering used today.
The point is you can still get an "extreme safety certificate" without running the building plans trough ABS | GL | Lloyds | certification processes.
You do not go for "certification of the plan" you ask for a safety evaluation AFTER you built it that is different.
For interference free communication with @ellmer please follow the link