Work-Hypothesis on this thread :
• A new technology is needed to settle the oceanic space which is the about 99% of the space left for expansion of the human projects.
• Land-space can not be used further and more intense - the rivets are already popping out of the planetary life support sistem (species mass extinction).
This means only the vast and unused volume of the ocean is available
• For business, fabrication, industry installation - to satisfy the ever growing needs of mankind
• For additional settlements to accomodate the 1 billion per decade of population growth
• Spaces of freedom necessary for experiment and progress to engineer new solutions. In a interference and coding free space.
This makes seasteading an effort to settle in the unfamiliar space of the ocean...
Shoreside Metropolis running out of development space | next logical step - floating structures |
The legs of a condeep platform are technically very similar to the slip formed core of a highrise building. They are similar in weight size and structure. What this picture shows is the feasibility of building a highrise on a floating platform.
Althogh highrise is technical feasible there is no real need for it - the ocean offers unlimited horizontal space for the real estate developer. Therefore we can expect the first oceanic floating housing structures looking rather like this.
Marine Empires | why did they not build floating cities to dominate oceanic trade | solving the technology bottleneck |
@frusha- this is a frusha/dohse free thread, do not post here, do not troll, do not clutter nonsense do not respond to this post... The thread starter
| going Galt on Forum Umpa Lumpas | give me a Frusha - Dohse free space please | meta topics in the cafe please | lost view of normal | alleged butt in rights on threads i open | bore the auditorium to an inevitable forum death | the telenovela is just in your head | scientific disscussion approach only | special participant basket asignment | Joe Quirk on ignoring | forum dynamics | what part do you NOT understand | the need for filter on a 7.5 billion planet |
Do not respond - yust go away and open your own threads...
The thread starter