Oceanic Real estate | global networking hubs | Extraterritorialized | oceanic business alliance

All roads lead to an Elmo commercial

Hawaii’s shipping difficulties are caused by its distance from the great circle routes, not the Jones Act. Routing a ship from east coast Asia to Hawaii and on to the U.S. is more expensive than it’s worth for most shipping because you’re adding a lot of unnecessary distance.

Hawaii’s shipping problem is caused by their lack of a facility to handle the modern mega-carriers. We already discussed that.

Maybe we’re talking past each other. I’m talking about using a feeder ship with a crane to transfer containers from a bigger ship to itself.

Actually, I’m just confusing threads. Sorry about that.

The problem is arranging to have your specific load as the last X units of thatega-carrier. They are loaded for weight and balance, not location.

(Wilfried Ellmer) #47

The Hypothesis : (coined on one of the threads)

Oceanic Real estate is ok with a life span of 15 years as some landhouses do not have a longer lifespan too.

Consider this might be a thought error - because what you need to look at is the lifespan of the city itself and its foundations (so the building plot) which on land is eternal. Not the lifespan of a individual home. Cities that are not built on “eternal foundations” like New Orleans (or Venice sinking slowly deeper) get big problems very soon.

So let me coin the counter-hypothesis: We do look for a technolgy that solves this bottleneck

(Larry G) #48

A city doesn’t have a single built foundation, it has thousands of them, and they get replaced quite often. Often enough, the land itself is r-sculpted over the decades. Filling, trenching, canals, overpasses, bypasses, bridges, sewers, power lines, water lines, gas lines, high rise buildings requiring the entire footprint to be excavated- There’s no single eternal foundation to a city, not even the bedrock.

There will NEVER be a floating solution as static as continental land masses. Chasing it is foolish and bound to fail. Even if one only considers sea CITIES in the seasteading movement, they still are unlikely to exist upon a single platform. You won’t get past a village that way. It simply doesn’t scale that large. Barring actual anti-gravity technology, you’re not going to have a single floating structure that grows as wide or high as a city, even if you consider sub-surface volume.

So multiple platforms in some kind of proximity to each other are required to form cities. If any given one gets replaced in 20, 50, or 100 years, it matters little. Comparing a seastead platform to a city is ridiculous. Comparing it to a building is much more accurate, with the attendant lifespan (often determined by new technology rather than absolute zero utility) and maintenance tasks, costs, and constraints of a building.

(Wilfried Ellmer) #49

@thebastidge | Larry thanks for making your points…

consider:

• We don´t have to “versus discuss” the lifespan issue until somebody is “winning the argument”.
• The investors will take that decision on base of what they think is a valid point and what a pointless argument.
• In Seasteading EVERYBODY can have his way - one seastead can be built on base of old rusty steelbarges with less than a decade lifespan - another on eternal concrete honeycomb foundations (bringing a solution to the postulated technology bottleneck). The markets will decide which is the better way - not fierce forum versus discussion.
• One of the Seasteading key values is “stop fighting” - the ocean is big - thousands of different models to create settlements on and in it can, and will be tested.
• If you think you can make it through phase 1 key talk and get effect B on a rusty steel barge - you should build up a project doing right that - you have my moral support . I will watch your project closley while doing things as the oceanic business alliance is doing things until somebody comes up with a better idea and we get convinced of it. (not by forum discussion - by practical results).
• This is how progress and development works in post enlightenment times leaving medival scholastic discussion behind - ( scholastics is putting the focus on “fight and opinion groups” without caring much for widening the fact base and keep an open mind on everything… )
• It is one of the funny things about seasteading that it is a movement holding up the banner of Enlightenment while having the most scholastic fightgroups on the forums … entangled in useless versus discussions for nearly a decade now …

@ellmer Congrats on your new-found reasonability. I’m glad you found a good physician that has managed to prescribe what seems to be the right mix.

You’ve managed to shoot-down every good idea, so far, even helped run-off 2 of the people that are actually building stuff, relegated others to lurker status, and been giving me hell, even though I have managed to make Geopolymer. Doesn’t seem to matter that I used scientific documentation and proven engineering to back my ideas and contributions.

BRAVO!

Rather, hypothesize:
There IS no technological ‘bottleneck’, but a FINANCIAL bottleneck, to include dedicated Incubator Sites, organized libraries, and access to trained, licensed Marine Architects, or Naval Engineers, at affordable rates, organizational support for offshore living, or other support systems.

The majority of what IS being done, other than promote the overall idea, is low-key experimentation and research, by people with serious intentions of participating at an economical, affordable level, by people of modest means, while fantasies of trillion-dollar cities without dedicated water supply, food supply, plumbing, sanitation, or power-supply, dominate the topic.

For instance: You crapped all over my concept of a ferrocement spar-buoy homestead, based off FLIP, until Bob Ballard’s interview. Even ragged on me about it, in your bogus investor ‘forum’, until I deleted most of it, and it took Joe and Randy pressuring you, to close ‘my’ ‘account’… NOW, there is even a proposed wind-farm, expecting to use… ferrocement spar-buoys as platforms…

I sincerely hope and pray you have actually taken a turn for the better.

(Wilfried Ellmer) #51

@JL_Frusha | 634* | 245* | 789* | 865* | Joe Quirk about arguing | be assured this telenovela is just in your head and hard to understand for anybody who is not there… my guess is - we are lacking debate base. - so thanks for talking to me - but i have - nothing to say on that behalf…sorry you are barking up the wrong tree.

Picture the Ramform | get invested | get started | oceanic business alliance
Real Estate Paradigm Shift | oceanic business alliance | oceanic real estate | floating real estate |
Galt's Gulch is on the oceans | oceanic business alliance
Implications of Extended Continental Shelf on Sovereignty
Breakaway Civilization | Seasteading | Ocean Colonization | Advanced Oceanic Cities | Atlantis | Enlightenment | Oceanic Business Alliance | next big thing in business
Real Estate Paradigm Shift | oceanic business alliance | oceanic real estate | floating real estate |

That’s funny. Now you’re a comedian, too…

Your past harassment is well preserved in the archived forum, as well as locked, and even newer threads in here.

Why must @Elmo always insert a COMMERCIAL for his phony “investment” scheme into virtually every comment thread?

Elmo spams the threads with links to his commercials … demeans and insults everyone who has an idea that might somehow undermine his attempts to capture “investment” funds … denies he is being contentious (because it is ALWAYS the other guy’s fault) …

… and then, after arguing extensively about one thing or another with someone, Elmo declares that person’s comments aren’t worthy of consideration.

Is THAT not @Elmo’s pattern?

Observe, the latest @Elmo vomit …

You are so full of BS, @Elmo, that your eyes are turning brown. :open_mouth:

Listen to the admins, Elmo, and STOP.

STOP bullying people on the threads.

STOP spamming the threads with your phony “investment” commercials

STOP acting as if YOU are the owner of this web site.

Let’s not forget his eternal assault on Scientific Debate , where he refutes documented science with ‘because I said so’, or by asking for opinions, or his insistence that everyone that doesn’t express his opinion is a Toodler.

(Wilfried Ellmer) #56

@JL_Frusha | @BobDohse | nutcase segment | please don´t butt in on my posts directed to the other 490 forum members…(i enjoy talking with - and i like to talk to - without your interference…) | 634* | 245* | 789* | 865* | 654* | 321* | 457* | 956* | 473* | 321* | please respect.

You have recieved enough attention. The hypothesis that talking to the nutcase segment has no upside was coined earlier( - feb 3- by Joe Quirk).
Try to evolve beyond “forum Troll” for the sake of progress and forward momentum in the seasteading movement … personal animosity in the Cafe (the dedicated thread to adsorb “off topics” and “animosity” ) only please.

Breakaway Civilization | Seasteading | Ocean Colonization | Advanced Oceanic Cities | Atlantis | Enlightenment | Oceanic Business Alliance | next big thing in business
Implications of Extended Continental Shelf on Sovereignty
List of Current Seasteading Projects
Seasteading Invest | the big five of ocean colonization | investment yield 10%+ | oceanic business alliance
Offshore aquaculture | realistic projects | big business | seafood | ocean colonization | ocean ranching | oceanic investment | world food security | oceanic business alliance

In this forum, we have the freedom to post reality. You are MORE than welcome to keep your nutcase posts in your own forums.

Hell, PAY for advertizing, all the big financial corporations do. Maybe, just maybe, some poor fool will buy into your scheme.

Elmo’s Association …

abbreviated, “Elmo’s Ass.”

… posts commercial links on virtually every comment thread.

Hey, @Elmo

I think your Elmo’s Ass. commercials stink up the threads.

If you don’t like that, tough turds. :open_mouth:

You can either post your self-serving commercial crap on your own web site, or dump it here and suffer whatever criticism comes from your choice.

But that will be YOUR choice.

MY choice is to point out that you are spamming the comment threads with self-serving commercials in an attempt to capture “investment” funds for your phony scheme.

MY posts are a RESPONSE to your posts, @Elmo.

If you stop spamming the comment threads with commercials, there will be no commercials to which anyone might respond.

That should be easily understandable …
… even to anyone who likes sniffing Elmo’s Ass. posts.

Your turn, @Elmo.

Dazzle us with more of your brilliant Elmo’s Ass. commercial crap.

It’s not as if you’ve never been told to stop posting your commercial spam or to stop bullying others, @Elmo.

(Wilfried Ellmer) #60

@BobDohse To get attention you need to say something intelligent and on topic....this is how it works...[ref.478*](https://discuss.seasteading.org/t/oceanic-real-estate-global-networking-hubs-extraterritorialized/1925/56?u=ellmer ) this is the Oceanic Real estate | global networking hubs - thread.
Please explain yourself | Ref [742*](https://discuss.seasteading.org/t/would-these-sea-steads-have-a-military/2063/42?u=ellmer)