Modern fish farm

(.) #64

San Diego is a close location for me. I was in San Diego yesterday. You know; the boat show.
I am planning to build a kelp field somewhere in the Pacific Ocean around San Diego and
Los Angeles. I sent you private mail in the TSI mail. And I gave my email address.
Would be interesting to cooperate. I wish you well.
Respectfully yours;

The only one I’m familiar with is Belize and their Government seems to be very friendly towards aquaculture. Their aquaculture consists 90% of shrimp with 8 major farms operating in the sector, if I’m not mistaken. Shrimp export earnings are about 15% of all of Belize’s annual export earnings.

Also, given the fact that Belize is home to the World’s second largest barrier reef (after Grand Barrier Reef) and in the light of the last few years devastating bleaching events that affected reefs worldwide, Belize Government is very proactive in implementing conservation and restoration measures.

And they have a very good reason to be concerned: The tourism industry in Belize makes up more than 38% of the country’s total gross domestic product, according to a report from the World Travel and Tourism Council. The industry also overwhelms the job market—fueling 50,000 jobs or 34% of the total employment. Plain and simple, no reef, no jobs, no dollars.

Therefore, to me, it is fair to assume with a high degree of certitude that a coral-shellfish-seaweed farming operation (with marine ecosystems restoration undertones) will be highly welcomed by the Belize Government.

Add a aquatourism dimension to it and it could be a big winner. IMHO

(Wilfried Ellmer) #66

@conradkramer | if you go for the Caribbean choose the hurricane free part (Colombia) … Things that you might think are difficult there - i can make them easy for you. ( permit, connections, authority handling, key player networking, logistics, support… )

Hurricane tracks last 170 years…The Colombian Coast and territorial waters are hurricane free - this is why the Spanish Overseas Empire (highly dependent on the logistics of fragile wooden ships) has chosen this region for its key port (Cartagena de Indias) in first place…

Colombia owns most of the Caribbean as territorial waters for historic reasons (heir of the spanish overseas empire).

Actually i think your project would be a nice addition to the Cartagena Marine Business Cluster

As you mentioned that you will retire in two years i also have a retirement plan with a floating home proposal for you… | floating homes cholon cartagena |

How’s the permitting going for ferrocement submarines in Cartegena?

c/o @noboxes

Can Seaweed Save the World • 2017 • episode “2/6” • Catalyst: Series 18

Growing seaweed is now a ten billion dollar a year global industry. Tim travels to Korea to see some of the biggest seaweed farms in the world and meets the scientists who are hoping to create a seaweed revolution in Australia.

@conradkramer

(screenshot) Marine Permaculture Array starts @ 38:18