LNG economy | oceanic production | distribution | industry | Power to Gas | oceanic business alliance

(Wilfried Ellmer) #1

Power to gas technology PTG / Oceanic Energy harvest / New fuel technology / wave energy hydrogen / oceanic current turbines / Floating Gas installations and platforms / Prelude / ORES oceanic energy storage /

In the decades ahead, natural gas will play an increasingly important role in meeting the world’s energy needs. Liquefied natural gas (LNG) will be a key factor in this “coming of age,” particularly in response to Asian and European demand.

LNG tanker refill on a oceanic regasification installation… the comming LNG infrastructure will be mostly based on “oceanic assets” - a big business opportunity for seasteads (big 5 of ocean colonization)…

It will also open the door to a carbon neutral energy sistem and a hydrogen based fuel sistem…

Oceanic business alliance | key player network | ocean colonization | big five | get connected | get invested
Breakwater Design
Breakwater Design
Kelp? and water?
550000 miles of cable hidden under the ocean that power the internet | oceanic business alliance
Seasteading Invest | the big five of ocean colonization | investment yield 10%+ | oceanic business alliance
San Jose found - 1000 more sunken galleons out there | oceanic business alliance
DME fuel production platform - CleanCarbon Energy
Mid-Atlantic Ridge
(Jonas Smith) #2

How? In what way? Are you suggesting seasteads that act as LNG storage terminals?

(Wilfried Ellmer) #3

Due to sustainablility issues our world has to change a lot in the next 30 years - one of those changes is energy - LNG has potential to be part of the solution - seasteads will be a core technology in this development. Providing the hardware this new infrastructure is built on.

(Jonas Smith) #4

I agree, that’s not what I’m asking.

You said that already. How?

What hardware? I’ll ask again, are you suggesting that we build seasteads that will act as LNG drilling rigs or storage terminals?

(Wilfried Ellmer) #5

can you please provide the link ?

(Jonas Smith) #6

Um, you said it in the very first post in this thread.

You have also posted it several times in other threads:

seasteads-as-part-of-the-oceanic-container-trade-superhighway

seasteads-with-role-dedicated-purpose-islands-fasttrack-progress-islands-industrial-production-islands

(Wilfried Ellmer) #7

which other threads please provide allways a link so we can avoid to repeate ourselfs and move quickly forward…

(Jonas Smith) #8

Are you blind? I put the links right there…

(Wilfried Ellmer) #9

none of the links provided is talking about oceanic LNG economy…please explain yourself

First link you provided:

http://discuss.seasteading.org/t/seasteads-with-role-dedicated-purpose-islands-fasttrack-progress-islands-industrial-production-islands/1054/22

second link you provided:

contains a picture of Adriatic LNG in construction - nothing else…

(Jonas Smith) #10

In the first link you are talking about how “A seastead is part of the oceanic trade superhighway and a piece of port infrastructure” and then you post a picture of “A piece of oceanic infrastructure for international LNG trade (Adriatic LNG)” insinuating that seasteads would be a part of LNG infrastructure.

In the second link, you are talking about seasteads with a role, and you point to “energy storage facilities impossible to do on land, floating LNG infrastructure…” insinuating that seasteads could have a dedicated role as floating LNG infrastructure.

So, have you derailed the thread enough? You are offering a hypothesis that seasteads will be “a core technology” in the development of oceanic LNG infrastructure. How?

(Wilfried Ellmer) #11

certainly - so will you let me have word or are you going to ask me to shut up and not repeat ? pointing to places where i have not said anything yet.

@ellmer has made this whole thread a pile of BS. I vote it be deleted.

(Jonas Smith) #13

I’ve asked nicely three times. Please, go ahead…

LNG has been a way of life for a long time and has yet to open any such ‘door’. People are doing worse damage to the earth, in an effort to get more gas, causing earthquakes, polluting the aquifers, etc., and it’s STILL burning fossil-fuels, and dumping CO2 into the atmosphere.

(Wilfried Ellmer) #15

LNG can be part of the problem and part of the solution…check this…

…Power-to-Gas (PtG) enables the natural gas pipeline network to be used for energy storage, resolving many of the integration issues that plague intermittent renewable energy sources such as wind and solar… read more

I’d like to know where you stole that text from, because we know you didn’t write that.

EDIT:
Ok, Ellmer changed his post, removing the paragraphs from some other webpage, put them on his own site, and posted a link to his site.

No, he didn’t write it, nor did he claim to. I have no doubt, if he was on his own topic, he could write as effective a paper as I can on any subject I’m enthusiastic about.

My desire to teach skewed the results of an aptitude battery, which the VA was using to pluck viable traits from, for post-military education and professions… Life sucks and can really kill dreams, though.

Anyway, he got it from any one of a number of sources. I found it here:

(Wilfried Ellmer) #18

if looking for info sources on PTG technology check here / noanswer to @KatOnTri - reference (9)

IMHO, the best strategy is to make Methane and eliminate the LPG/LNG altogether. By using fossil fuels, we’re dumping more CO2 into the atmosphere. The CO2 can be mitigated, but laying waste to areas, due to man-made earthquakes and polluted water supplies is already too much of a problem. Fracking for NG reserves is shooting us in the foot. Raping the earth is not the solution.

(Wilfried Ellmer) #20

big fuel and oceanic kelp and algea farming can be industries that complement each other using the existing LNG / Methan/ Hydrogen infrastrucure to integrate - comming to a carbon neutral balance in the end (within 50 years )