Little money, lots of time version of seasteading

(.) #41

A bit of research could make it grow faster.

And if you’re willing to invest the two year infrastructure and energy cost to get the first run of countertops going, it certainly wouldn’t be worse than any other manufacturing oriented business you might invest in. Unlike many others it would be easy to expand your manufacturing capabilities with nothing more than an expansion of energy supply and infrastructure to support the accretion frame and grow medium. Whether open ocean or terrestrially located, there is much less infrastructure and much less environmental impact than most manufacturing businesses.

(.) #43

Seashells have negative environmental impact on the outside
of the hull of my sailboat, and no governmental agency cares.

Could use one diameter and create various floating spars, and link them, like they do the huge oil rigs, like the lower section of the Troll A drilling platform. They used the hollow chambers for flotation, then filled them with water to sink to depth, followed by ballasting. A shortened, miniature that is intended to stay afloat could use partial filling at anchor, then be emptied to move to another location, much like the FLoating Instriment Platform (FLIP). My goal is something more like FLIP, with aquaculture around it. Done right, it could be self-mobile, and able to power out of the way of major storms, with buoys to mark the anchorage, for return. My ideas have shifted a little, since the old forums, but into a higher, more complete form.

(Wilfried Ellmer) #45

the most economic floats i have tested so far:
/ Lens shell pictures overview / / Ramform floating home pictures / / c-shell floating home pictures / / Floating concrete building methods / / shell cluster pictures / / investor proposal list /

(.) #46

similar idea

(system) closed #47

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.