List of Current Seasteading Projects

(Matias Volco) #21

think of it in a biology-inspired way. The undifferentiated cell comes first (the floating ship repair operation, the floating construction site)

“Consider” …

As always, @ellmer inserts links that lead to the phony “investment” schemes by Elmo’s Association of spammers.

Just more crap from Elmo’s Ass.

And where does the Elmo’s Ass. crap lead?

The screenshots don’t lie. :unamused:

Same @Elmo in both threads.

Proof of what the real (not @Elmo) TSI Admin posted previously about @ellmer’s commercials repeatedly spamming the TSI threads.

(Robert Newman) #24

Clarity on what TSI does can be found at

(Jordan) #25

Lol. And a few more “lols” to get to 20 characters. lolololol

(Jordan) #26

Don’t bother talking to him.

(Jordan) #27

You say that, and yet every time he says something to you, you respond.

Generally, I try to correct his lies and incorrect data. After the way he has hounded me, for years, then worked to lure me into his ponzi schemes, I post to make sure people are aware. Say I let it all go, and YOU get suckered in, lose money, or use his bogus engineering and someone dies… I see that as my fault, when I could have said something.

(Jordan) #29

Oops. I meant to say that to him, ha. My bad. We’re good.

(Jordan) #30

You say best attended by ignoring, but figuratively every time he says something, whether it’s addressed to you or not, you don’t ignore it, you respond.

I have nothing against non-native English speakers, but I wonder if the fact that English is not your first language might be contributing to this. You have a very attitude about things, which rubs people the wrong way. In addition to that, you rarely if ever provide solid backup for your claims other than referring people to the same links, the same photos, and the same pat answers all the time. In addition to THAT, the majority of your posts are geared toward getting people off of this site and onto yours. I’ve been active on this forum for what, two weeks? Already I’ve figured out that you’re full of shit, dishonest, and provide little-to-nothing of value to this forum.

I’m not saying that what I contribute is revolutionary, but I am trying to be a contributing member, and you are doing something else, under the guise of being a contributing member. No one, except for the noobs, is deceived by you, why do you even bother?

Edit: Fixed a typo.

Two weeks? What took you so long? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I guess you didn’t get the private message after your first post … telling you to avoid certain people and, instead, look at @Elmo’s web site.

(Jordan) #32

Lol. I guess I slipped under his radar, ha.

I can’t be everywhere, all the time… JS

Brief update: My wife and I have secured a contract to buy 30.3 acres/12.26 hectares of land, ~1/2 pasture - 1/2 wooded as the beginning of our homestead, some seasteading/Gulfsteading experiments, eventual base of supply for supporting the efforts of living offshore, and space to build at least one enlarged “Little SSLV” concept I oultined.

Our goal is to be off-grid, self-sufficient, then be able to expand productivity. As noted elsewhere, each acre of properly handled intensive, organic vegetable production space could produce 60,000 lbs of produce. Add areas of intensively grazed space for livestock in rotation, and there’s food for a city, just off a few acres…

The SSLV will be of modular design, with everything trailerable, for delivery and assembly at the coast, then launch and operate much like an oversized party barge. Once on station, it will set anchors and the platform jacked up, as the pontoons are drawn under water for stability.

(Bob LLewellyn) #35

The three projects mentioned are three different concepts. TSI’s South Sea project is to work with an existing country to build designer barges that have a look and feel of a floating island. Pretty expensive but the silicon valley folks are used to big projects and lots of money. Their project is geared more toward the wealthy.

If I understand Frusha, his project is more in line with a floating oil derrick. It is already tried and proven technology. It will be more expensive than just living on a boat but since JL is on here he can say better who he had in mind as users of his project, how many, and such.

I can speak for the Marinea Project. Its design is to start small and grow using existing technology. Designed after an early western town, the Village will start with a general store, hotel, restaurant, post office, saloon, instead of a livery stable we will have a fueling and fresh water station. We have all of that on an ocean going barge. We have one in mind that is already set up. Citizens of this here village will live in their own homes as they should. The early residents will be using live-aboard-boats. After we see how things work out, we will be selling floating homes that can handle ocean environments.

Phase two will be to build a town square and connected residential areas with the ability to grow. Marinea has four main criteria that it needs to follow. The project must be expandable, it needs to the right size no matter what the population grows to. Secondly it must be self sustaining, meaning it must produce as much or more than it uses. Third it must be replicate-able. As a pilot project it wouldn’t do anyone any good if we made something wonderful that could not be replicated. And forth, it has to be sustainable, we need to start living in harmony with nature.

Marinea is membership driven. The members intend to build a floating independent country with a Libertarian government. There is very little structure as the concept is to plant the seed and see what develops by natural growth. This type of development is for everyone, even those of limited means. People will be adding 40% more people to this planet in the next 30+ years. Someone has to learn how to make ocean colonization a reality, and if we are first then we will make $$$ and a way for all those that come after us. The early bird catches the worm.

In the words of Hans Solo, “Look, I ain’t in this for your revolution, and I’m not in it for you, princess. I expect to be well paid. I’m in it for the money.”

(Bob LLewellyn) #36

I should have also added how we intend to grow our membership, we have given the job of creating the government to the Libertarian party and libertarians in general. It will be the first libertarian country in the world. I’m counting on the millions of libertarians out there to become members of our coalition to create a true libertarian state. It’s $100 to become a member and if we pull this off, a citizen of the free state of Marinea. We are sort of pre-selling citizenship.

That’s it, that’s the whole plan in a nut shell. It’s simple, not much to go wrong but it is heavily dependent upon us to support the work. Of course there is a way for everyone to profit from what we are building but because of SEC rules, you have to be members of a club or have over $500K to invest. I don’t make the rules, but as long as I am stuck here in the states, I will obey their directives.

Actually, I’m figuring on the supply side, first. Then start building a small scale semi-submersible based on the Little SSLV. intention is to be able to supply farm fresh produce, for early efforts in the GoMex, as well as space for other builders to make and haul transportable Seasteads/Gulfsteads to the GoMex. In addition, I’d like to find land with water access to the GoMex, as a build and launch facility, along with scale testing, prior to actually building livable structures, whether they are my concepts, or not… Something many tried to encourage TSI to invest in, when they asked what to do with the last bog Thiel donation.

Model, test, build, launch and supply/resupply all in one, or two places.

Eventually, I want to build designs to the specs of the Ramform patents, as well.

(Theodore M. Amenta) #38

Market Feasibility — “If you build it, will they come?” — or are seasteads a “Field of Dreams.” Investors and lenders to large projects require an analysis of market and financial feasibility. I can find no such market feasibility for seasteads ---- after nearly 10-years. Why? This thread identifies three seasteads in pre-development, to be located in Polynesia, the Gulf and Bahamas. Bob correctly points out there are differences among these. These differences are largely in physical and projected cost. Marinea anticipates $15 million to implement and Blue Horizons (TSI) anticipates $30 million for essentially the same program. 30 plus residents with supporting uses. The Gulf project is smaller but there are sufficient similarities to compare the market feasibility of each. I will do this shortly probably on a new thread as it will be a lengthy exercise. Ted

Seasteading market feasibility depends on location. For example, what’s feasible for the Bora Bora location might not be feasible for a Gulf of Mexico or a Cay Sal location.

Therefore, feasibility can’t be generalized or compared. It will be specific for each project.

(Theodore M. Amenta) #40

Octavian: ---- of course — You are 100% correct. “Location, location,location.” I am very happy your responded, in fact delighted. Market feasibility can not be generalized — but it can be site specific and compared to other specific sites. I can and will do the market feasibility of a sea stead in both Polynesia and Bahamas. You may be surprised at the results. When I have done you will be able to do the work yourself for any other project you might contemplate. I have been doing market analysis for 50-years as a consultant for hotels, reposts, residential, amusement parks and office building. The result is 4.5 million square feet of built work. Please visit for a view of a bit of this. I will shortly start with a “gravity model” for each sea stead location. I will not explain here — too lengthy but you can read online. This method was first codified by Stamford Research — was first applied to Disney World in Orlando. When we have completed this exercise I will then undertake a market segmentation based on age, income, education, sex et al. I have already done the gravity model, so I know the result — It may surprise you. Ted

A new Hope, Marinea resurrected?