List of Current Seasteading Projects

I agree. BUT as a start up I would first lease a small waterfront parcel with a dock, rather than buying.

(Larry G) #209

I drove by these manufacturing bays the other day ~$.55/sq ft here in Vancouver:

Here’s what it looks like from an aerial view:

http://vigor.net/facilities/vancouver

Right next to Christensen Yachts. Rumour among the local yacht clubs has it that their financial straits have them taking in refit work on other brands of boats now too.

I would be more than happy to share resources with anyone who starts an incubator site in my area. I have a number of reference texts, for example. I would be interested in eventually sharing some space to work on boats and similar projects, but I cannot justify leasing such a facility on my own, or even close to it.

Was interested to see an ongoing listing of seasteading projects, sadly it seems this thread has been driven off-topic & @Ekahn has given up on it.
At the risk of returning to the original topic I note that the 3 projects listed are all large-scale commercial or collaborative efforts. I’d be interested to know of any projects or groups building or developing smaller individual or family-sized mobile seasteads along the lines of modular floating platforms with living space & space for some small subsistance+ agri/aquaculture and the ability to move under their own power.

(Larry G) #212

Welcome,

Feel free to post an intro with your interests in the introductions section. Also be aware of the Wiki:

https://wiki.seasteading.org/index.php?title=Other_projects_and_organisations

You’ll find some more narrative or article-based information there. It is a different user database, so you’ll have to register if you want to add content, but you can use the same name and password as here if you like.

Actually, mine is an attempt to find a place and setup for individuals to be able to eventually model, test and then build their own places, not some massive floating condo/resort.

My own initial hull concept is a 1 bedroom ‘yacht’, but intended to motor out and be permanently moored, except for hurricanes and such. Goal is for an Integrated Multi-Trophic Aquaculture arrangement to raise fish, shellfish and grow kelp, in a self-sustainable manner.

STILL need to find affordable real-estate, that has direct access to the Gulf of Mexico, for building and launching from.

Based off the patented Ramform Hull design, proven in the severe weather of the North Sea, even one converted to a turret mooring system as a Floating Production, Storage and Offloading facility.

UK Physicist wanting to learn more about seasteading
UK Physicist wanting to learn more about seasteading

We now have, on the table, one chance to get one incubator site going. We need signatures to show significant interest just to be able to take a Grant Proposal to TSI Board of Directors, for a 1-time grant, to help create this site.