Hey all! I’m very interested in getting involved in seasteading but I’ve had a hard time figuring out the state of the realm (for example, I still can’t quite figure out what TSI does – are they building a seastead, are they building awareness?). I have an idea for my own project but if there are other projects going on that seem like they would be a better place for me to put my efforts, I’d love to know about them!
So what I’m looking to make (or be directed to if it already exists) is a list of all of the seasteading projects that are going on. What I don’t want is for this to devolve into another discussion of what a seastead is so it can be a list of any projects that are helping forward the idea of seasteading. So does this exist? If not, let’s create it here!
EDIT: Below will be a living list of known projects going on with contact info (if any) and what they’re looking for/what stage they’re at.
TSI French Polynesia condo-barge
- Contact/website: www.seasteading.org
- State: In talks with French Polynesian government
- Looking for help? (Y/N):
JL_Frusha seastead-related incubator in Gulf of Mexico
- Contact/website: http://gulfsteading.freeforums.net/
- State: Texas/Louisiana (most likely)
- Looking for help? (Y/N): Yes, but pending other things at the moment
- Contact/website: Marinea.org
- State: Phase 1 – fundraising (?)
- Looking for help? (Y/N): Y – Paid Volunteer Program and Philanthropic Interest