Kelp? and water?

(bill mapezzi) #46

I would guess its google in house source…none listed but it matches webster merriam

scientist
noun sci·en·tist \ ˈsī-ən-tist
Popularity: Bottom 50% of words |Updated on: 6 May 2018

Trending Now:
embolization
oleaginous
pansexual
symbiote
charlatan
SEE ALL

1 : a person learned in science and especially natural science : a scientific investigator
2 capitalized : christian scientist

See scientist defined for English-language learners

See scientist defined for kids

(bill mapezzi) #47

I like giant kelp. and mussels. even if humans don’t digest it (giant kelp) too well other things we eat do. And the mussel shells- great source for portland cement (the single ingredient in “aircrete” besides soap bubbles), and low embodied energy quicklime. maybe there is an amimal that munches on basalt and delivers fibres out the back…

(bill mapezzi) #48

it will be in the newspapers…hopefully without an arrest this time:grinning:

(r) #49

Digging into the source of regulations, rules and guidance for providing inorganic feedstocks for algae development led me to the International Maritime Organization or IMO at: http://www.imo.org, and I came across a comprehensive geo-engineering symposium, which contains some relevant material on using the combination of rice flakes and minerals to float algae- support feedstocks.

This resource might provide background guidance for creation of a viable marine life habitat using techniques outlined and researched by Russ George.

One interesting person who might help this SeaSteading project is: Bru Pearce, Director of Envisionation Ltd, United Kingdom. His web page is:
http://envisionation.co.uk/index.php/component/contact/contact/2 which lists amongst his many accomplishments are: He has a 25-year career in international resort development. He has conceived and delivered several major projects, engaged in property and marina development including overall project management, sales and acquisition, political negotiations. Much of his work has involved adapting tourism based economies to market and environmental changes, by promoting; long stay tourism, educational, medical, retirement and life style relocation.

My question is does our SeaSteading group have a person, who could approach Mr. Pearce, make contact with him or his office, and sound out his position on activities in the SeaStead Project?

(.) #50

Yes sir, that person would be you.
Sincerely;

(r) #51

Oh that is complimentary; I’ve worked for the United Nations Association of Ventura County, California and interviewed several CEO’s and owners of companies. It’s been awhile but would feel comfortable doing that. First, I must learn everything available on SeaSteading and the details of your group.
Therefore, I will get back to you on the assignment of assessing Mr. Pearce’s interest in SeaSteading.

(r) #52

Spark:
I will make contact with Russ George to see if he is interested in SeaSteading. Nice to know he was in the group a while ago.
I like independent upstarts; they make the system go, but watch out for the brickbats and snide comments; they are enthusiasm killers.

(.) #53

Well, I thought my comment was a bit courageous, but things went the best possible way.

(.) #54

Welcome to the leaderless resistance. The rest of the people are in French Polynesia
building a pyramid like social structure. I hope it works. But here I am in the leaderless
resistance, where every man is for himself and every woman is for herself.

So my plans do not fit well with some people, and my plans somehow resonate with
others. The rest of the people in FP are indifferent.

This web site still works certain ways. For example I heard from Ross George.
I also communicated with Gerd Weiland.

I think, I basically agree with political views of Gerd Weiland. Or at least I understand some of it.
None the less Gerd communicated the ringweav technique. I found out how to get tires for
less than free. (recycling fee). Building out of tires with RingweaveOn can be advantageous
financially. Some people do not like it.
To escape interference there are other cyberspace areas for many members.
GoMex, Nautilus, FloatingIslands, Concrete Submarine, AquaticLifestyle …etc.
It might be beneficial to know these web areas for keeping contact with each other in case
something fails.

I have a few ideas. The instant revenue possibility is the ringweave. The next move from
ringweave could be a kelp field and kelp for land animal feed.
I experimented with the ringweave in my backyard. It is possible. I can do it.
I found ways to efficiently cut the tires. It is a bit expensive $4K, and I have the funds.
Before extensive tire recycling it would be necessary to find a place to put the tires as
recycled ringweave structure, a location in the Pacific Ocean, close to the shores of
Southern-California, USA.
Some negotiations would be beneficial. It would be good to consult with people who might be
effected. And it would be good to consult with authorities.

Any liaison activity with Mr. Pearce, US Coast Guard, NOAA, Army Corp of Engineers, California Coastal Commission and with local authorities would be beneficial to facilitate the production of a
ringweave structure.

Later more and more activities can be done on an underwater kelp field out there, and
the field could be extended and reproduced further and further from shore.
Existing structures could also be moved further and further from shore.

So far, this is how I could communicate some of my ideas.

Sincerely yours;

(Matias Volco) #56

You’re a fairly recent user to have come to such a conclusion!

as noted there are many fishbowls, and per Seasteading motto, the more they flourish the better,
i.e. we also discuss the more technical aspects of seasteading in the ocean colonization sectionof floating islands.

(Wilfried Ellmer) #57

| oceanic business alliance | lead designer |

@Oceanist

@Matias | is a special case here - he has actually a lot to say to postulate and to teach, but he holds most of it back due to the agressive interference (so do many others)…he is the lead designer of the | oceanic business alliance | he is also an architect who studied in London at great dame Zaha Hadid´s class - and pretty much one of those guys who understand in detail where the technological cutting edge of | ocean colonization technology | goes…but it is not my task to present him… he has his own forum where more than the tip of the iceberg becomes visible…like this forum it is a discourse forum…so open source - you don´t need anything else than a standard browser to navigate it.

@Oceanist - can you give us some info who you are and what you do ? - a real name and e-mail would be great…to start with…even if it is in private message and under NDA agreement.

(.) #58

The three topic would work best together for aquatic lifestyle:

Kelp and water
Pacific Ring Weave, and
Sailboat models out of jenga

(.) #59

https://www.greenwave.org

So, IMTA, the way I described…

, but I’m not an expert, despite trying to get Universities to make studies, or collaboration on species selection for specific locations, according to the ‘pro-tards’ Wil and company…

(bill mapezzi) #61

Those sphere buoys look suspiciously like used tires on cheap aluminum rims. Cheap because they are custom made to hold 10-15 psi and don’t need to resist the vehicles weight or side forces during a turn. Eventually plastic because less expensive but the tooling costs are higher.

They could use a seastead…