Interference is mostly private driven not state driven

(Wilfried Ellmer) #1

Most interference comes from “private actors” not the state…

(.) #2

Yes, I agree, but I have to write here more than 20 characters to be able to post it.
I accept the more than 20 character policy.

So if you agree, press the Like :heart: button. Not only does that avoid having posts that don’t really contribute to the discussion, but expressing a Like also helps the forum software determine the popularity of specific topics, posts, and users.

I don’t!..

I would bet Japan would strenuously object to Sea Shepherd being a floating nation where it could claim rights which block the Japanese whaling fleet. And while China has claimed a huge hunk (if not all) of the “China Sea”, the usa has claimed huge portions of the Pacific as “nature reserves”. If a seastead were to block them doing whatever they please, the seastead would never get statehood.

Which brings up the question of what a floating state could claim: the surface within some distance?, an underwater column or hemisphere of some radius?, the ocean bed footprint of their anchor field?, the area of the seamount they anchor or build upon?, their drift area around an anchor? Or as China and the usa have stated (thru their actions, if not words) whatever they can militarily defend?

(system) closed #6

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.