Intended Incubator Site as Complete Support Base of Operations for the Gulf of Mexico

Building all that sounds like a very expensive investment to me, given that the property you will be buying is just land. Just saying,…

(noboxes) #11

Some land is needed, UPS/USPS will not deliver to a seastead. There’s a limit to internet access on the water. Visitors need a place to park their land vehicles. Material suppliers need a place to drop ship stuff to. It would be nice if most of that list was on the seastead tho.

You and Wil can go dumpster-diving, wade out waist-deep and try nailing stuff together, if you want. I’d rather be able to use forms and such…

(noboxes) #13

I was not in Belize. And i don’t have that kind of money. And there’s issues with me leaving the usa to live elsewhere.

It’s not $millions for a few individuals to pool resources where they are.

Will get a PO BOX. :smile:

There is good internet @ sea. Quite expensive, but available.

They can park off the street…

True. I agree that a logistics-supply base is mandatory. But for start up it could just be a very small commercial location 2 miles from shore. Initially, I wouldn’t spend to much on that… How big of a seastead start up are we talking about? 10-15 people?

(noboxes) #15

Which is why i mentioned it could be yelling distance from a boat ramp on Seastead support base on GOM

Me. I don’t know anyone who is planning to live away from land.

Modern fish farm

Here @ TSI, silly,… not Belize.

So far… My wife and I, here in Texas. Others as they so choose. This is why I’m trying for an added dimension of place to model and test, build, launch and support base.

You lost me here dude… I was just politely commenting at your remarks.

I see. Well, to quote you, then you and your wife can go dumpster-diving, wade out waist-deep and try nailing stuff together.

(noboxes) #20

There’s been a lot of dumping on good ideas, so there’s some hair-trigger actions too. JL wants to cast a large boat hull in cement, which would be difficult to do on a floating deck of any kind. On land, it holds still, and the redymix truck can easily get to it. When done with the land, there’s people who will buy it.

Or, i can get almost as pissy as you can, just as fast.

I swear …

At least I have a friend committed to a 3D print of my design, for testing purposes…

The model may actually be mini-tender size… Depends on how he sets it all up. 32" beam, 64" LOA would be a mighty nice model…

As for selling the land… I plan on it being an integral part of the supply base, including fresh, in-season produce. Additionally, it provides a nice base to tuck into from Winter weather… I hate being Cold.

I don’t see how building anything for you and your wife to live on the water in order “to tuck into from Winter weather” could ever qualify as a “seasteading project”.

Not your project, not my problem. I’ll run mine my way and that’s what counts. It’s a big planet covered in ~72% water… Plenty of room to do whatever I damned well please and have no concern over your daffynition of seasteading.

You can do whatever you damn please on your own website without concern of my

But since this is not your website and since this is an open forum for seasteading, my only concern is that somehow you got lost browsing the net looking for a place to solicit

on a private business you want to undertake that has nothing to do with seasteading, which is spamming.

And, according to TSI’s Guidelines for The Seasteading Institute Discussion Forum, “There is zero tolerance for spammers and spam”. And I will take my concerns regarding your actions to TSI.

I want help to get a place to do exactly what Seasteading is about… Building, launching, living it, supporting it and letting others do the same in a cooperative effort.

Spamming is when W.E. sticks his 15 websites into a thread…

What private business? Where did I ever say it was a business? Private property, simply as a tax dodge, which very few in here can legally do… But, I have it and I offered to share it… You want to come build? You can help with the expenses involved. It’s REALLY that easy.

Take? To whom? @joequirk ? @RandolphHencken ? They are more than welcome to decide whatever.

(noboxes) #27

HEY !!

I was soliciting for a place to assemble and launch a boat too! Can you take my actions to TSI too, please??

Hey is for horses. Learn some manners.

Of course I will. Plus I will also take you on violating #2 Guideline for The Seasteading Institute Discussion Forum: “Be respectful of the other participants. Rude comments, name-calling, and other negative behaviors are not welcome here.”

(noboxes) #29

You mean like when you called me that name that rhymes with “hitch”?