Intended Incubator Site as Complete Support Base of Operations for the Gulf of Mexico

My intent is to start an incubator and support site, if I can get suitable property, with access to the Gulf of Mexico. All I needed was help on the down payment and closing costs. Plan to make the payments out of my own pocket. That gives room for a large shop, wave-tanks, modeling and construction areas, storage for tools, equipment and supplies, intensive gardening, parking, etc.

Blue Frontiers: An Independent For-Profit Seasteading Venture
Registered yacht (no size limit) mobile seastead site in Redfish Bay,Texas

Did you find anything? One good alternative to a single owner (therefore, single financial burden) would be “selling” your project as a time-share-profit-share (TSPS). I did quite some research into that seasteading “proposition” and it seems to be doable.

Several times and each time the people wanting a place to build have backed out. The best location is off the market, now, though it may not have sold. Haven’t checked the county tax records of ownership lately, but they wanted over 20X the appraised value.

Should hear from another realtor in the next few days, as well.

As a 100% Disabled Veteran, in Texas, the tax laws put a homestead at 0% state and local taxes. Sometimes, the tax-break is as important an issue as anything else.

Further, in Texas, a homesteader can run a business from that homestead.

Yeap,… Any ocean front property in US is ridiculously priced.

(noboxes) #5

If we are talking support bases, can we continue on A Support Base Competition! ?

I don’t think “competing” with people who have the same goals (seasteading in our case) is beneficial to that goal. I believe partnerships are the way to go when it comes to seasteading, given a solid, well thought project acceptable to all parties involved.

(noboxes) #7

I would agree with you, but it may be difficult to share people and things with a SSB on each major coast of several countries. There’s no way i will get to French Polynesia. I see no problem making a SSB more suitable to those non-millionaires left behind in the usa waters. In all ways, “better” is subjective.

What’s an SSB?..

(noboxes) #9

I think it’s a SeaStead Base.

Building all that sounds like a very expensive investment to me, given that the property you will be buying is just land. Just saying,…

(noboxes) #11

Some land is needed, UPS/USPS will not deliver to a seastead. There’s a limit to internet access on the water. Visitors need a place to park their land vehicles. Material suppliers need a place to drop ship stuff to. It would be nice if most of that list was on the seastead tho.

You and Wil can go dumpster-diving, wade out waist-deep and try nailing stuff together, if you want. I’d rather be able to use forms and such…

(noboxes) #13

I was not in Belize. And i don’t have that kind of money. And there’s issues with me leaving the usa to live elsewhere.

It’s not $millions for a few individuals to pool resources where they are.

Will get a PO BOX. :smile:

There is good internet @ sea. Quite expensive, but available.

They can park off the street…

True. I agree that a logistics-supply base is mandatory. But for start up it could just be a very small commercial location 2 miles from shore. Initially, I wouldn’t spend to much on that… How big of a seastead start up are we talking about? 10-15 people?

(noboxes) #15

Which is why i mentioned it could be yelling distance from a boat ramp on Seastead support base on GOM

Me. I don’t know anyone who is planning to live away from land.

Here @ TSI, silly,… not Belize.

So far… My wife and I, here in Texas. Others as they so choose. This is why I’m trying for an added dimension of place to model and test, build, launch and support base.

You lost me here dude… I was just politely commenting at your remarks.

I see. Well, to quote you, then you and your wife can go dumpster-diving, wade out waist-deep and try nailing stuff together.

(noboxes) #20

There’s been a lot of dumping on good ideas, so there’s some hair-trigger actions too. JL wants to cast a large boat hull in cement, which would be difficult to do on a floating deck of any kind. On land, it holds still, and the redymix truck can easily get to it. When done with the land, there’s people who will buy it.

Or, i can get almost as pissy as you can, just as fast.

I swear ……………