Hello Seasteading Community
I’m Richard Dean Medalla, a Filipino, 3rd Officer on board Merchant Ships, currently taking my Masters Degree in Maritime Management, A Maritime School simulator instructor and also a startup Founder on Maritime Edutech.
I’m Interested to know and if possible to take part and grow with The Seasteading Institute. Seeing that Seasteading will be a floating city utopia and will heavily rely on Merchant Ships importing and exporting goods that will be at times exotic to the facility grown products. I’m interested and concerned about it’s Maritime law and management. I hope someone can entertain me on the following questions:
- Will Seasteading have it’s own take on Maritime Laws or will base its own under normal statutory laws such as UNCLOS and ILO,IMO regulations?
- Will the Floating nation have its own line of Shipping fleet with its own Flag stat?
- Will Seasteading have its own Maritime Foundation such as Maritime Schools and Merchant Marine Academies such as Military and Naval schools?
- Will it take part in Exporting it’s own goods and will be open to the Global market?
- Is there any Overseas Shipping Development Act or any National decree on Shipping already established? if so, is it accessible now for review?
- How does one start with being a formal member of the TSI?
These will be my base questions, hoping that some of them gets answered as i want to be a part of this Movement and learn the system of TSI regarding Maritime commerce and navigation. Seeing that the neighbouring country the Philippines can supply the Seasteading fleet of ships with Filipino Seafarers and contribute to its growth. thank you for taking the time to have read the following.