Currency and governance based on cryptography - Dash

(Kevin Colussi) #1

What if the government model was a DAO (Decentralized Autonomous Organization) and the decentralize uncontrolled currency was DASH coin?

Or maybe on Ethereum

Keep thinking!
– Kevin

(Chad Elwartowski) #2

This will be a great thing once Rootstock gets implemented in Bitcoin.

Check out BitPools (http://www.bitpools.com) for a version of how it worked before Ethereum came along.

(Kevin Colussi) #3

If you think the Bitcoin blockchain is decentralized, scalable, anonymous and sustainable… I would simply point to the control china has over it with it’s mining operations, current transaction times, the IRS Coinbase data probe and the lack of ability to change the block size with ever increasing transaction fees… All of these are major problems with the platform. We can do better… See Dash and Etherium for more details. :slight_smile:

(Chad Elwartowski) #4

Ethereum is not a currency. It is an overbloated computer with tokens that can be bought to run programs. It cannot scale.
Dash is so small that it has not experienced the infrastructure stress tests that Bitcoin has. Nor will it likely ever experience them.
Mining will shift to wherever power is cheapest. Today it is China until the Chinese realize their power is being utilized in a way they did not anticipate. And with ASICs reaching physical limitations there is no longer a race for technology and we will eventually have an ASIC in every home.
Don’t think that the IRS won’t come for the alts. The laws don’t say “Bitcoin”.
The feature of not having Bitcoin change underlying protocols on a weekly basis like Ethereum makes it more stable.

(Kevin Colussi) #5

I hear concern in you voice… Keep researching, as time will tell… I agree to disagree with you on your analysis. If someones else has questions about this please post… Till then Cheers!

FYI – This was from the Bitcoin conference in Miami Yesterday watch it…

(Chad Elwartowski) #6

I went to a cryptocurrency conference in London. It ended up being just an alt coin convention trying to legitimatize the alts by being at a “bitcoin conference”. The alt flavor of the month was Doge. Everyone loved it (at the conference).

I like Alt coins…they are like little experiments to show Bitcoin developers what works and what does not. Whatever Doge had going for it obviously did not work. I actually own some alt coins as well. More because I always wanted 1000 of a coin and wasn’t able to do so with Bitcoin.

(Kevin Colussi) #7

Regardless of the implementation and your emotions, see if you can set your ego aside long enough, to not post on this thread again… This might allow others to ask questions about the technology regardless of the implementation. :expressionless:

@Kevin_Colussi

This is an open forum. Chad has been a member for years, over a decade, iirc, including the old forum, and at least he’s enthusiastic about alternate currencies.

Until they become practical and readily available, along with a ready means to expand their base, as well as get an established rate of realistic exchange, bitcoin and such are just play things for people that have nothing better to do. Not like you can go rake someone’s yard, get paid in DASH, and go buy a pizza and soda…

(Chad Elwartowski) #9

As someone who has lived 100% on bitcoins, such things are possible. It just takes some thought.

I am paid 100% in bitcoins. When I passed through the US I found it extremely easy to spend bitcoins at Walmart, many restaurants, buying gas…

It makes international travel a lot better too. A global currency has its benefits.

(Kevin Colussi) #10

Thanks for posting your thoughts… However, it is possible to pay for just about anything with not only bitcoin, but other crypto-currencies like Ethereum, DASH, etc…

Here are the two major Visa Debit cards options in production:

https://shakepay.co

I currently use the Shift Pay card tied to my Coinbase Ethereum Wallet balance for over 80% of my living expense from coffee, pizza, soda to auto parts and just about everything in between… I can’t get the card to buy gas at the pump, but if I go in, it works! :slight_smile:

I got the Shift Pay card when it came out and have been using it this way for over a year with either Bitcoin or Ethereum… Since then Shake Pay was created… I will probably move to Shake Pay in the future because it’s not tied to a Coinbase account…

Let me know if you have more questions on this, as I’d be happy to do my best to answer them based on my experience!

(Kevin Colussi) #11

For what it’s worth… cointelegraph.com just published this article 22hrs ago… “Ethereum Will Democratize, Build Trust and Make Governments Transparent”

Cheers!

(Jordan) #12

So what is the big deal with Dash then?

(Kevin Colussi) #13

I’m glad you ask! I’m sure your time is valuable, so I’ll list some details below… However, I encourage you to watch the DASH school classes (funded by the DASH Treasury) reference at the very bottom… :slight_smile:

#1 DASH Treasury

Self-funding product development w/ coin holder governance, not venture capitalist product development w/ self-seeking investments. No other coin that I know of has this model…

#2 Private

“Keep your payments private so nobody can track you, your transactions and balances are nobody’s business. With Dash’s ahead of time anonymization only you have access to your financial information.”

#3 FAST
"Payments are received almost instantly by the other party thanks to InstantX technology. Ahead of time anonymization lets you send Dashs anonymously without waiting for processes or people."

#4 PEER TO PEER
"No central authorities to trust because of full decentralization, even for the anonymization process. Everything stays between you and the other party in the transaction."

#6 Visa
VISA / MasterCard / etc… Should not be part of the long-term solution and only DASH provides instant send confirmation through the MasterNode infrastructure. Watch this vending machine DASH example.

#7 Future
Moving from a device based wallet to a username and password system which even your mom can use. Website integration with a secure API that allows websites to easily accept DASH payments.

DASH School

Hope this helps and let me know if you have more questions!

(Jordan) #14

Thanks for the info. I think the embedding on the first video was unsuccessful, it gave me an error.

(Kevin Colussi) #15

No problem… Here is the first video again… https://youtu.be/52TzOgq15h8

Also here is an article from yesterday on Ethereum and how smart contracts could “Uber” the “freelancer” work community through autonomous contracts and proof-of-work compensation. Check it out… :slight_smile:

Let me know if you have more questions!

A lot of links and technical info.

Thanks, everyone, for that. :slight_smile:

Dash was interesting tech when I first saw it. I even ran a master node, until I looked into the “accidental” instamine controversy of Dash’s first week.

Seemed too shady and unethical to be the beginning for anything I want to support. So, i sold my dash.

It’s been able to advance, because its protocol provides a significant promotional budget, and such a high percentage of its relatively small monetary base is staked/locked up in masternode bonds, creating high dash token scarcity.
I think though that it will be difficult for Dash to be able to live down the instamine mess completely. I won’t use it again.

Ethereum, I also bought some in the presale, and regret supporting that. I was being paid in Bitcoin to build and run a miner for a VC.
However, it turned out to also be too unethical during The DAO debacle.
That so many of the founding personalities have since left the project, also suggests that it was also a massive founder pump and dump.

And so far, Ethereum just seems only useful as a platform to create other ICO’s, which range from pointless to fraudulent and illegal. :frowning: So far for me, has been disappointing, putting aside even the questionable fundamental purpose of it, scaling challenges and drawbacks of the Proof Of Stake tech.

Bitcoin has its imperfections, and murky founder, but the cryptoassets that came since Bitcoin just seem useless, scammy and distracting, except of course as a source of income for the creators, their entourage and speculators.