Could a Seastead be the first country to implement a Universal Basic Income?

(.) #101

Whoppi Goldberg? ??? Whoooooopppiiii

(r) #102

Good going Spark. I was told something similar to your story but it was far easier to reject; by my Roman Catholic priest. When I asked him is there more to my religion after Confirmation. His dumb look and even worst answer was, “It is your faith my son.”
That was it; I never looked back at free salvation. Like Elon said, “Work is worth something even if it is just for you.”

(bill mapezzi) #103

well…what did you expect for an answer rather than “faith”? Instructions on how to levitate and speak in tongues? To extrapolate from Musk(wiki)-

" Do I think that there’s some sort of master intelligence architecting all of this stuff? I think probably not because then you have to say: “Where does the master intelligence come from?” So it sort of begs the question. So I think really you can explain this with the fundamental laws of physics. You know it’s complex phenomenon from simple elements."

Now, whether he was dismissing “destiny” (as the question was phrased) or anything “supernatural” in general one can’t be sure without further investigation (hopefully not here in this thread), but that answer is worse even than the one your priest gave you in either case- because its longer, says just as much, and could support rejection of free salvation by offering a pagan alternative - animisation of the “elements” (earth,water, air, and fire?)

Personally, I have experienced what I believe to be “supernatural”. I was going to “will” myself to meet my maker one time(or get an answer). Whether a diet too enriched with formalin, an uderlying mental disorder surfaced, or God was actually directing my actions as if I were an early Christian, of course I can’t be certain, but I could damn near walk through walls, read minds, go days without food, and conjure any computer simulated graphics necessary to take my next step foward-literally. This was not a long weekend Burning Man retreat, but nearly two months. I had my pulse down to 30 or so in a trance near the end, when someone I knew and trusted too much brought me “back to reality”(not right away). I haven’t got to meet God in person yet, but I still have faith. Free salvation, combined with PC compatible agnosticism, is just that - you get what you pay for is this case - @Wil Ellmer (Man to Sheep-thumbs up!).

(Wilfried Ellmer) #104

| seasteading | libertarian values |

@chinaseapirate | are you part of the alliance ? | not sure where to put you in my universe…

(bill mapezzi) #105

Indirectly maybe. I can trace my roots pre-Empire and I live with the Jawa and deal with Tuscan Raiders and bounty hunters. .

(.) #106

I reconsidered my post. I guess I do not know what to write.
“Work is worth something even if it is just for you.”
I like that.

(bill mapezzi) #107

Is that Lake Elsinore? Or maybe Pismo Beach?

(.) #108

But, let’s be serious because I do not want to scare OceanistRon away.

(bill mapezzi) #109

Oh, I thought you were going to where the sign was tomorrow…I like wolves, monogamous, very empathetic. I am not part of any alliance. Other than fiction I don’t even know of any.