Building Barges Using Advanced Concrete Methods?

(Nick Gencarelle) #103

(Nick Gencarelle) #104

We also have recently added new secret materials that can boost even a normal concrete by over 40% and another that can bring tensile strengths many times higher than normal-AFFORDABLY!

(Richard Sheak) #105

Great information, thank you!

Thank you for sharing this information Nick.

Quick question if I may. I saw the following video on your basalt guru website.

What is that basalt based material? Basalt mesh and Cor-Tuf?

Also, you mentioned that “Cor-Tuf also is very adhesive enabling it to stick to other components or other concrete in application.” Would it stick good to wood (plywood for that matter)?

(Nick Gencarelle) #108

That is just basalt in an epoxy resin. It shows the superior impact resistance of basalt volcanic rock fibers compared to fiberglass. Not the Cor-Tuf concrete. It will stick very well to foam and wood and metals-not plastics or rubber which are used as forms.

(Wilfried Ellmer) #109

@NickGri

Cor-Tuf is a great material it opens so many doors for new and innovative designs.

Have you thought of founding a special engineering school where people can learn about the material and the new world of construction it opens ?

Or at least online courses and seminars…

On march 4 | 2016 | we talked about the DIFFERENT kind of marine concrete engineering seasteading will develop. Basalt rebar can be expected to be rather standard on seasteads then in land construction. As you are “Basalt Guru” this sounds like an opportunity to me…

(Maximum depth | tubular concrete structures | hydrostatic load | spheres | oceanic business alliance)

Just as the politcal culture of seasteads will develop differences to land cities, the engineering also will, basalt based marine concrete engineering may well be a major development axis of this…

Visionary business men should get a foothold in this development right now…

It has been predicted that construction activities in the 21st century will be dominated by concrete sea structures … (P.K. Meta)

(Nick Gencarelle) #110

Hi… We can offer more content and a bunch of articles regarding Core-Tuf and Basalt reinforcements. As I am so busy now in a host of projects I do not have the time or energy to take on such a large task as online courses and seminars. We are available for buyers interested in using these materials now and as I said willing to further educate serious projects as to the future of concrete as we see it. We welcome visionary businessmen and women and wish that some who are actively engaged in these projects contact us for concrete solutions!

(Wilfried Ellmer) #111

@NickGri

Rome was not built in one day - neither will be New-VENICE and New-Atlantis… let´s keep that on the table…

Wil

• Land construction and special materials

(Nick Gencarelle) #112

Yes. Projects are going on now everyday however and we implore those doing that to look at these superior alternatives which will save money long term.

(noboxes) #113

How do you pronounce “Cor-Tuf”? If the “Cor” is misspelled “core”, did you mean to imply this material is not suitable for exterior exposure? Why does the site not mention “geopoly” or “basalt rebar” so it appears in search engines online? Has anyone here (other than Nick) seen in person or gotten hands-on the geopoly or basalt rebar?

(Wilfried Ellmer) #114

yes, our group is testing all the materials that hit the advanced cement composite market. What @NickGri is promising on the websites is not only accurate, in many cases the materials he offers exceed the claimed specifications.

(noboxes) #115

Please provide photos of your test equipment and the material in test.

(Wilfried Ellmer) #116

What i am willing to share about my technology you can google it up - here is a starting point

(noboxes) #117

Sorry, i did not find any photos or documented test procedures you have done on the materials in question.

(Wilfried Ellmer) #118

It is not my call to share about @NickGri ´s research and materials… you should ask him.

(Nick Gencarelle) #119

Yes core tuf sounds like core tuff. It is not a geo-polymer but UHPC and we sell the basalt reinforcements as well.
We can use Dramix steel fibers or fiberglass or ploy fibers as well whatever is desired. It is completely suitable for outside as the Army Corps tests off the coast of Maine for over twenty years now show with virtually NO degradations.

I sell the basalt and have the geo-polymers as well.

(Wilfried Ellmer) #120

If you put that into context - when you test unprotected marine steel in marine ambient you will find “signs of degradation” in a few days.

So as stated in an earlier post the “oceanic real estate paradigm shift” is definitly on the table now.

Oceanic real estate paradigm shift
This is how "material specifications" translate into business opportunities...
context: | solving the seasteading technology bottleneck |

(noboxes) #121

I’m sorry i was so confusing when i said

Nick doesn’t sell geopoly, and ellmer cannot discuss or document his extensive tests on anything. I am back to square one.

(noboxes) #123

I totally missed them! Please provide an url to the page with photos of your test apparatus and description of your procedure for testing basalt as a rebar in marine vessel construction. Thank you very much in advance!

The info i am looking for is feedback of those who have used geopoly and basalt in the saltwater marine environment. I seek the user’s opinion and facts of how well it fullfilled their needs, ease of use, who supplied the materials, cost differences they encountered, and any savings they expect by using a geopoly and basalt construction.

(Bob LLewellyn) #124

One thing I noticed in business is that people always want something for nothing. Instead of offering thanks, offer him some money for his time. Might get further along.